Monday, November 5, 2012

People Like Us

I think I had higher expectations of People Like Us. Honestly, I can't tell you now what I was hoping to see, but this movie was most certainly on my WATCH list. The premise of the film is good... interesting. It's also kinda creepy because Sam is essentially flirting with his half sister through a nice chunk of the movie. I think what I found so off-putting is Sam himself. The beginning of the film feels rushed and throughout the entire film, we're stuck following around this scumbag.

There are a bunch of pros to this film:

  1. The treatment of the camera is great (kudos Mr. Kurtzman).
  2. I have no idea what the actor's name is... but the kid. He's witty while still punchable.
  3. Elizabeth Banks
  4. Michelle Pfeiffer (although I don't think she appears to be old enough to pull off being Chris Pine's Mother!
  5. The ending made me clutch my heart and say "AWwwwWWW!
If asked, sure I'd watch this film again, but it's really one of those watch it once and I'm good to go movies. 3/5 Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment