Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A New Year


A New Year and a new challenge! Armed with my Netflix account re-activation and a list of books to sort I'm taking the 50/50 challenge again. Last year at this time I was a little more pessimistic about accomplishing the challenge. With good reason, I knew movie watching would be a battle of it's own. It still will be tough, but I think I can wade through the films this time.

The root of taking this challenge was to encourage myself to read more. One could consider this a resolution, but I'd prefer to consider it as building a healthy habit. For example, when I do in fact return to the gym, there's no grand finale goal; I go for my well-being. I don't expect to weigh X by the end of the year. I do hope I can read at least 50 books by the end of the year, but if not (as with 2012,) I'll just keep going.

The final tally is as follows: I came super close to completing the book portion of my challenge (or my GoodReads Challenge) with 45 books complete. Films came to a tally of 35. Though I was nowhere nearly as close to the films as I was with books, I think I'm more flabbergasted by how many movies I managed to sit down and watch. I watched THIRTY-FIVE movies last year; whoa!

No comments:

Post a Comment