Sunday, September 23, 2012

See you when you stop CRYING


Jo Knowles knows how to make me weep! From page... maybe 150, on through the end, I had to read See You At Harry's through tears. BIG tears! The fat ones that blur your vision.

Knowles strikes the reader down with grief, living with guilt/perceived fault, and also managed to squeeze in a coming out story. This novel is powerful and (obviously) heart-breaking. Across the board other reviewers keep saying how this is every parents' worst nightmare and they don't recommend it to parents, but I think that's wrong. Though, I too don't want my own mother reading this book, I wouldn't keep her from it per-sey. As tragic as this story is, it's also a wakeup call and a reminder about how precious life is. I wouldn't want to deny someone of that feeling - please read: 5/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment