Sunday, September 23, 2012

More Heart-Break


In the same jumble of movies, I picked up In the Land of Blood and Honey and Sarah's Key. I flirted with the idea of reading Sarah's Key, but there is was sitting on the shelf, waiting for me to rent it. I'd seen the trailer (below) for the movie and thought, "yeah I think I'll like this". I knew it would be tragic, but unlike Jolie's film, this one ends on strong ray of hope. What these movies have in common is the wrenching need to escape to freedom.

This movie is about a little girl's journey to rescue her brother from a secret locked compartment in their former apartment. There are a lot of movies about escaping from concentration camps but this one does stand out against the others: this films focus on discovery, and the puzzle of one's lineage are intriguing. 4/5 Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment