Monday, February 6, 2012

Missed Connections

Sort of treading on the previous book reviewed, The Facts of Winter, by Paul Poissel, Missed Connections: Love, Lost and Found by Sophie Blackall actually went so far as to illustrate the passion of love lost, love found, and love missed. The messages are (or were) real, to which Sophie went ahead and illustrated prose for the Missed Connection notes which really stuck out to her.

I really have to say I feel a close connection to this book. Not only had it been one that I've had signed by the author/illustrator herself, but the day after I collected this book, I happened to encounter a missed connection of my own. I can't say I had a great connection to the guy, but we kept making strong eye contact on my train ride back from NYC to Boston. I do feel the slight sting of guilt thinking, I really wish we could have chatted rather than smirked at one another and kept to ourselves. Of course I have to wonder, did he think the same?

Of course NOW you will find me scouring the Missed Connections pages for stories of regret and prayers for second chances. The excerpts from this book can also be found on Sophie's blog space: Missed Connections Blog. 4/5 Stars

2 comments:

  1. You've met her? I love this book and followed Sophie's blog for awhile. She is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was a speaker at the Society of Children's Book Writers & Illustrators' conference last month. It was so nice to hear her story! Yes, she's just as warm and friendly as you think! :)

      Delete