Monday, February 6, 2012

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (Movie)

I have my eyes pegged on reading Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer. While I was in New York City, my room mates and I just felt the need to go see the film since we were in town and we were in that mode, plus we were all dying to go to the memorial. We were all feeling a close bond to the city, especially after reciting our own 9-11 stories (which is only a common reaction to being within the city walls, I suppose!) Though I got to see this film, due to time restraints, I never made it to see the memorial.

The movie is well done, but I am saving my full reaction for when I finally get to sit down and read the book. There in a incredibly long wait period for this novel at all the local libraries (as all books in film become,) so I actually bought it off Amazon in hopes I'll be able to read it some time this spring, instead of late fall. Tree of Codes is also on my short list of books to read and I've been hankering to watch the film version of Everything is Illuminated since finishing the novel. 4/5 Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment