Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Book #1: The Land of Oz


I think we can finally leave the Oz, Toto! I have a lingering illustration project featuring The Wizard of Oz, but I think this story caps off my visit into the Emerald City. This Wizard of Oz sequel is a little more humorous than the original story, (which I found to be a little on the darker side). Jack Pumpkinhead's permanent smile, the stupid Saw Horse and the "High Magnified & Thoroughly Educated" Mr. Woggle-Bug, will be missed! Eh... and maybe Tip, too.

I must admit a small semi-cheat, since I'd started this book about 2 months ago, and made it through... uh 2 chapters before I became fully engrossed in Maguire's Wicked Series! Of course after polishing off Out of Oz, I had to head back to The Land of Oz and check out what kicked off the inspiration for the Maguire collection. I must say I was quite pleased with the outcome of this book. I didn't expect to enjoy/giggle as much from this story, as I did! 4/5 Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment