Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Triplets of Belleville


Here we have a crossbreed of the detail and quirkiness of a Hayao Miyazaki animation, (think Spirited Away or My Neighbor Totoro,) with an old-fashioned Mickey Mouse flick, and a dash of Pixar. Also it turned out French... but with little to no dialog. I figured, Netflix seems to think I'll like this movie, and I'm in the mood for an animation! I highly recommend The Triplets of Belleville, especially if you're in animation. This is silly, serious, exciting, hilarious, bizarre... everything. This is also a cute Paris verse New York comparison. I wouldn't recommend this for younger kids... maybe 11 or 12 and up: 5/5 stars. This film does require your full attention. I made the mistake of trying to work on some illustrations while attempting to watch. The movie viewing experience won.


No comments:

Post a Comment