Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Good-bye Batman!


"Hello" to the end of the Christopher Nolan series. It's a tough departure, but I honestly don't think I'll miss the franchise. Oh wait... I'm sure someone else has a Batman series in re-make mode at this point, because that's how Hollywood works these days, eh?

Reflecting on this movie today, I would rate The Dark Knight Rises about a 3, but my mind has been muddled with parody impressions of the film, so to be fair I give you my initial reaction. (This is tough to reflect on now, since I saw it opening/2nd weekend. It's my own fault for not addressing the movie sooner!) 4/5 Stars deserved for the well executed finale to the series. By this I mean that all ends were neatly tied together in a tight little bow. I do not crave more Batman, especially if I have to sit through another 2.5 hours of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment